Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to contact you or determine your specific identity. When other information is linked to this information, it also becomes Personally Identifiable Information.
– When you register for the BlueToad Service, we ask you for basic registration information, such as your name, address, email address, phone, fax, and other contact information.
– When you place an order for or subscribe to a product through BlueToad Service, we collect billing information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and billing address.
– We may ask you for voluntary personal information at other times, including but not limited to when you provide opinions, enter a contest or promotion, or report a problem with the BlueToad service.
– When you submit a request for more information or assistance, BlueToad will keep a record of the request and the manner in which it was processed.
– We may also automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, your computer’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information.
Limits on Information Collection
We must have your Personally Identifiable Information in order for us to adequately provide you with the BlueToad service.
Note that by limiting information collection, BlueToad may not be able to provide you the same functionality or features as otherwise available (if such functionality or features rely on this information).
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each web site can send its own cookies to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) most browsers only permit a web site to access the cookies that the same web site has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous. If you would like more information about this practice and your choices, click here.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
In general, we will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent. There may be circumstances where we may need to disclose Personally Identifiable Information about a user. These are:
– Employing other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing customer service, sending mail, processing credit card payments, processing currency conversions, or other functions necessary to our business.
– If publishers of the products available through the BlueToad service request additional Personally Identifying Information from us. The information practices of those publishers are covered by their own privacy policies.
– If we believe that user is harming or interfering with other BlueToad users, anyone else, or violating our Subscription Agreement or the BlueToad Agreement, or infringing any of BlueToad legal rights.
– If we are required by law to provide any of your Personally Identifiable Information we will, if permitted by law, attempt to notify you via the e-mail address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request.
– In the event of a sale of all or most of the assets of the company, this information may be transferred to the purchaser.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Information
Anonymous Information is any information other than Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregate information derived from Personally Identifiable Information. Anonymous Information will not include any Personally Identifiable Information and BlueToad will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information except as expressly stated elsewhere in this policy.
BlueToad may use this information:
– To improve the BlueToad website and service, to monitor traffic and general usage patterns, and for other general business purposes.
– To inform publishers as to what content is appealing to their readers, to inform advertisers of the usage habits or characteristics of the interested audience, and to advise potential investors so that they may better understand BlueToad user base, etc.
Changing or Removing Information
You have control over your Personally Identifiable Information and can change your Registration or Subscription Information, by clicking www.BlueToad.com.
If you wish to delete your Registration or Subscription Information you can e-mail email@example.com. Your information will then be deleted assuming (i) you are current with all payment obligations; (ii) BlueToad does not believe it is reasonably necessary to keep such information for any pending legal action; and (iii) we are under no other legal obligation to retain such information. If your information is deleted, however, any unfulfilled subscriptions will be canceled without refund and you will have to re-register with BlueToad in order to use the BlueToad service.
We employ reasonable and current security methods to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information.
Your personal data will be stored within a database that is located behind a firewall for added security. The server housing the database is physically protected at a secure, third party site and is monitored by security personnel twenty-four hours a day. Only authorized personnel can access the data center and the particular server housing the database.
No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
We do not encrypt normal web sessions with the Service, however any transmission to the BlueToad website or service of credit card information uses SSL encryption to help protect the data.
The BlueToad service is not directed to children (persons under the age of 13), and we do not knowingly collect, either online or offline, Personally Identifiable Information from children.
Although we are not actively hiring at the moment for specific positions, we always welcome resumes from creative individuals interested in becoming a part of the BlueToad team. BlueToad’s typical hiring needs involve customer service, sales, and computer programming. Please submit any inquiries or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.